The Saturday, November 11 half day retreat focus will be on mindfulness - a relaxed, alert awareness that brings about direct insight into our innate clarity and wisdom. With a calm, alert attentiveness, the mind is focused on body sensations, feelings, and thoughts, while maintaining equanimity (a detached, balanced state that avoids extremes). As a result, mindfulness allows for our inherent peace, harmony, and love to manifest.
The event will take place at North Presbyterian Church (300 N Forest Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221) on Saturday, November 11 from 9 am to 1:00 pm. To register for the Saturday event click on the button below:
The mindfulness retreat will start at 9:00 AM on Saturday, November 11 with church doors open at 8:30 AM. Please feel free to arrive early to get settled. Floor sitters please bring your own mat and cushion. Otherwise, there will be plenty of chairs available.
Please see the schedule for the day as noted below. If you arrive late, please wait until a walking session begins to enter the meditation room.
Furthermore, please respect the silence of the retreat and the space of your fellow meditators. No food is allowed in the meditation room. Water bottles/beverage bottles are acceptable but please do not drink during the meditation sessions as this can be disruptive to the teachers when they are offering instructions and your neighbors who are engaged in meditation.
- 9:00 to 9:35 a.m. - Introduction and Sitting Meditation = 35 Minutes
- 9:35 to 10:00 a.m. - Walking Meditation = 25 Minutes
- 10:00 to 10:35 a.m. - Sitting Meditation = 35 Minutes
- 10:35 to 11:00 a.m. - Walking Meditation = 25 Minutes
- 11:00 to 11:35 a.m. - Sitting Meditation = 35 Minutes
- 11:35 to 12:00 p.m. - Walking Meditation = 25 Minutes
- 12:00 to 12:30 p.m. - Mindfulness Talk
- 12:30 to 1:00 p.m. - Q & A, Room Cleanup